What you’ll learn
create a website or a blog with Jekyll
use Liquid templating language
deploy the page to Github
use custom data from external files
Jekyll: static website or a blog with most popular static website generator Jekyll.
Do you want to learn to build sites and blogs with Jekyll? And have a simple solution without the overhead complexity? Site that is ultra fast and is immune to most common attacks?
You’ve come to the right place.
Over 2 hours of content! 1900 students already taking the course.
Take the course and start learning with other satisfied students.
Last update: 19th of October: updated to 3.3.0. version of Jekylll
Review by S.H.:
This is a great introduction to Jekyll and to Static site generators in general, I’d recommend to anybody, especially developers like me who have struggled with the overhead and complexity of traditional database-based CMSes such WordPress and Drupal and are looking for simpler way to customize a website and maintain a blog. The skills learned in this course not only apply to Jekyll, but can be immediately used in other static site generators, even those written in different languages, since most of them obscure them beyond the markdown, front matter, and templating engine.
Save time and money by creating a website or a blog that is easy to maintain and easy to scale. You might even get a raise or a better job with these new skills!
This is a course for designers, programmers, bloggers, basically EVERYBODY with basic knowledge of HTML and CSS.
First we’ll download a free template. And than I’ll guid you trough the features that give Jekyll its strength and flexibility. I’ll show you how to add forms, comments and MUCH more. At the end of this course you’ll be CONFIDENT in creating ALL sorts of pages and blogs with Jekyll.
We’ll learn how to:
- install Jekyll
- create a new project
- start a Jekyll server
- create layouts
- separate parts of the page in include files so we can use them on different part of the page
- configure the Jekyll project
- how Jekyll works in-depth
- create a menu
- create posts for the blog
- add content to blog
- add widgets to post
- set up a post loop
- set default values
- set up a form
- work with external data
- add comments to blog
Review from D.
Jana,It has been fab, I have wanted to mess around with Jekyll for a while and your course gave the ability to do so.
Important information before you enroll:
– In case you find the course useless for your career, don’t forget you are covered by a 30 day money back guarantee, full refund, no questions asked!
– Once enrolled, you have unlimited, lifetime access to the course!
– You will have instant and free access to any updates I’ll add to the course.
– I will give you my full support regarding any issues or suggestions related to the course.
– Check out the FREE info about static sites, static site generators and their benefits to see if Jekyll is the solution you’ve been looking for.
– Check out other FREE lectures for a course preview.
Enroll to the course and start creating ultra fast sites and blogs with Jekyll.
Let’s get started NOW!
Who this course is for:
- for programmers, designers, bloggers, everybody with the basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- everybody who want to create a page or a blog with Jekyll
- everybody who understands the benefits of a static page (check out the free preview)
- everybody who wants to host a page on Github
- in the course I don’t cover installing on Windows
- Jekyll basics – important first steps
- Create a page with Jekyll
- Create a blog with Jekyll
- Jekyll: What about comments, forms, custom data and other dynamic add-ons
- GitHub pages
- Archive: old versions
- Conclusion & Bonus lecture