What you’ll learn
Learn fundamental Polymer LitElement
Create Custom Elements and save time and energy with easily reusable web components
Understand and use the Polymer Element Catalog
Register a Custom Element
Shadow DOM concept
Compose with local DOM
Use data binding
Build a To Do Web Application
Use Polymer CLI
Show moreShow less
UPDATE September 2018 – Course has been updated to support ‘Polymer LitElement’, which is the latest version of Polymer. Enjoy building Custom Web Components and a beautiful To Do Web Application using Polymer LitElement!
There are some Polymer courses on the web now. Which one should you take? If you’re looking to quickly grasp the core concepts of Polymer with hands-on examples on the latest Polymer version and want to learn from a developer/instructor with over 10 years of experience who has also launched and advised multiple tech startups then this is the course for you!
The Polymer library is designed to make it easier and faster for developers to create great, reusable web components for the modern web. By the time you’re done with this course you’ll understand how Polymer can be used to build web applications. This includes learning the fundamentals of Polymer, how to use Polymer Elements from the Polymer Element Catalog, and how to create your own custom elements. This is a hands-on course that you can follow along with and learn by doing.
We will build a To Do Web Application from scratch using Polymer LitElement. We are going to use custom components, Polymer Elements, Polymer CLI, Visual Studio Code and may many more to create the perfect elements.
The new, leaner Polymer LitElement core base class makes it easier than ever to make fast, beautiful, and interoperable web components. If you haven’t used Polymer before, it’s time to try it out. If you haven’t tried it recently, time to take another look.
The Polymer course is broken down into following sections:
Learn Polymer, Polymer LitElement and build a custom component
Dive deeper into Shadow DOM and Event Handling concepts
Prepare Development Environment
Build a Beautiful To Do Web Application from scratch using Polymer LitElement
By the end of the course you’ll have walked through of all of the key components in Polymer, used a Polymer Element and built a working Custom Element with Polymer. If you’re looking to boost your Polymer knowledge look no further than this course. It’s a great technology to know and add to your resume!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested to learn in building beautiful Web Applications
- Anyone interested to learn Polymer LitElement
- Anyone interested to learn more about Web Components
- What is Polymer and Polymer LitElement
- Polymer LitElement Features
- Set up Development Environment for Polymer LitElement
- Build a To Do Web App with Polymer 3 and LitElement
- What is Polymer? (depreciated)
- Use a Polymer Element from the Polymer Catalog (depreciated)
- Create a Custom Element with the Polymer Library (depreciated)
- Learn and Build using Polymer 2 (depreciated)
- Build a Custom Element using Polymer 2 – Cryptocurrency Dashboard (depreciated)
- Preparing our Professional Development Environment for Polymer 1 (depreciated)